1.8
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Subscribed to their service for 3 months not once my calls were connected. I complained to their CS tens of times and each time they said yes our tech are working on and blah2 but nothing was fixed. Then the funny thing happened when I called their CS to cancel my service. Fiest their rep. "Sameera" tells me she can not cancel my account because she doesnt have the authority. Then after a while she tells me I HAVE to answer two questions before she cancels my account! I told her absolutely not and if she doesnt cancel I will refer the matter to BBB! Once I said that she said she wants to refund the remainder balance on my account. What a big joke!

I have other virtual numbers that connect to the same number and never ever had issues with them.

Pay more to other service providers and get reliable and uninterrupted service.

Subscribe to Sonetel rookies if you want to throw your cash in trash....

This reviewer shared experience about return, exchange or cancellation policy and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Sonetel. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sonetel.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Sonetel to other companies on our site.

Comments

Sonetel
Ludvika, Dalarnas Lan, Sweden #1249503
Sonetel Verified Representative

Hi,

I checked with the head of our customer service to get the background and received the following initial response:

"From what I recall, this customer had requested Sameera to cancel their account on a chat session. Since there was a difference in the email addresses with which they had signed up with Sonetel, and the email address with which they were chatting, Sameera wished to confirm their identity and asked for a few more details in this connection.

She had requested them to send in an official email to confirm that they indeed wished to cancel their account permanently. This seems to have upset them leading to this complaint. "

If you are suggesting that we close customer accounts based on unconfirmed requests, then unfortunately this is not possible for us to do for security reasons.

It would create huge risks for our customers as anyone could cancel one of our customer's accounts.

I am awaiting further information regarding the problems you experienced with calls and will provide further updates once I receive that.

Best regards, Henrik Thome CEO & Founder

AdamGalant
to Sonetel Carpentersville, Illinois, United States #1249529

It is not true! I got upset and I requested closing my account only AFTER Sonetel blocked my account and start asking for such unreasonable things like the photocopy of my passport or other photo-ID.

They interrupted my phone confersaion in the middle, which you can see in my earlier post. I never chatted with them, but I did call them and asked why my account was blocked. I can provide complete log of my email exchanges on request.

Here is what they wrote to me after my phone call:

"Dear Adam,

We have a cap on the maximum usage allowed on accounts per day. This limit is there to protect you and us from misuse of the service.

Your account was blocked for reaching this limit.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

The default limit per day is $10, but this can be changed as long as we can get some more information from you. To reopen your account, and ensure this does not happen in the future, the security department needs a copy of your photo ID (Passport, Driver's License, etc).

Once they approve your documents we can increase your daily usage limit and reopen your account. Yours, Anvesh Anvesh Sangam Support Engineer Sonetel Customer Service"

AdamGalant
Carpentersville, Illinois, United States #1248615

This is scam! They took mony for prepay and then they cut me off their services for exceeding their *** "daily limits" - But they still keep the prepaid money!

Oh! They asked me for the photocopy of my passport. They know very well that nobody in the right mind will give it to them, so they think that they can keep money. I intend to filie complaint with my State Attorney and the Federal Cyber Crime Prevention Bureau (www.ic3.gov), this will bring their attention.

I have been treated like dirt.

BBB is also a good place to go, but I will do the ic3 first. I would advise you to do the same.

Sonetel
to AdamGalant Ludvika, Dalarnas Lan, Sweden #1249508
Sonetel Verified Representative

Hi Adam,

No. We are not scammers.

We are Sweden's 8:th fastest growing tech company according to Deloitte http://www.fast50.se/ and have a Swedish Government agency among our shareholders.

Most customers actually think we are great https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.sonetel.com

I am sorry that you got this bad impression of our service.

The daily spending limits are imposed in accordance with the requirements by VISA and Mastercard (so called velocity limitations) to curb the attempt by criminals that use stolen credit cards for making calls to expensive destinations worldwide (at our cost since we stand the risk), where they get kick-back on the calls made (so called international premium rate). We prevent hundreds such attempts per month. The daily spending limit also protects the customer. If you don't want to share a copy of ID, then that is fine.

We inform in our terms and conditions that we may require this. If you do not wish to do so we will naturally refund whatever unused funds you have. We always refund in case the customer requests that. Your case was provided to the Finance team yesterday, so in case you havn't received the refund yet, you should have it on Monday.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Feel free to connect to me at https://www.linkedin.com/in/henrikthome Best Regards, Henrik Thome CEO and Founder