Do not ever use these guys. I tried porting a number into their platform and it’s been 3 days and still no service.

This was a business line, so that is lost revenue. I am missing countless calls because of them which could be thousands of dollars. Stay away from them at all costs. They told me it would be working in 15 minutes, then 1 hour, then 5 hours, then next day....

and 3 days later, STILL NOT WORKING. If you want the worst possible telecom platform, choose sonetel. If you want a legitimate telecom provider, look else where.

Their support staff has done nothing to help either.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sonetel Phone Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Sep 14, 2016.

Comments

Sonetel
Tullinge, Stockholm, Sweden #1214955
Sonetel Verified Representative

Dear Jeff Kuei,

We sincerely apologize for the 3-day delay in getting your ported number operational.

I understand that the number became operational September 15th, and that the team refunded both the porting fee - and provided free credit to cover the monthly cost of the number for 6 months - as a token compensation for the delay.

I asked the Head of customer service to do a thorough investigation of what caused the 3 day delay in activating your ported number, and have found the following:

Our number supplier of US numbers has recently changed their interface, causing problems for us to download the file needed for adding the number manually to our system. Due to this we had a new interim process, which required support staff to use a specific macro in our CRM system to escalate porting-in cases in a different way than they are used to.

2. The support engineer handling your case failed to use the interim macro, which caused the case to get delayed. 3.

Additionally, the uploading in our system of the file with your number failed, due to the Area code/Area name of your number being new and unknown to us - requiring a developer to update the Area code/Area name configuration in the system to make it possible to import your number. This is very unusual and only happens once or twice per year. Additionally, it seems as if the engineers that processed your complaints during the delay didn't take the necessary actions to fast-track your case. We are still investigating the reason for this.

In any case, we fully understand that this was a very frustrating experience for you. Almost all port-in processes are very smooth and quick. In this case there was a combination of events that caused a delay.

I sincerely apologize for this. Yours, Henrik Thomé CEO and Founder, Sonetel